Vincent Joly, French Entrepreneur, Neuro-Linguistic Programming expert and Hypnotherapist, teaches us about Self-Confidence, Techniques for Public Speaking, Burnout, and his upcoming book “The Right to Exist” on how to deal with trauma.
Vincent Joly is a French Entrepreneur with business studies. His mission is to give people a sense of importance and give them a meaningful experience. He runs an international Model Agency, is the Vice-President of the French Model Federation, a Colonel of the Gendarmerie as reservist, decorated by the Ordre National du Merite and the President of the Volleyball Club Marcq-en-aroeul.
Where to find Vincent Joly: LinkedIn
For Hypnotherapy: make sure you trust a hypnotherapist and you make sure they’re certified by a recognized organization.
Conscious and subconscious:
- Conscious: social position. What’s your job, family life, status, etc
- Subconscious: it’s the real boss. It saves your experiences, remembers your trauma and protects you with stress
Tips for Public Speaking
- Have a 10 second introduction that you have practices many times. It’s very important for the subconscious, by second #11 it says, “it’s ok, we’re safe”
- If you’re nervous, massage your wrists with cold water before the presentation
- Slow down when you’re mentioning an important message
- Be aware of your volume, rhythm, intonation and body language
Tips on Self-Confidence:
- In social media we create a false sense of confidence
- The picture you post must be a picture of the real you
- The feedback you get is from people you don’t know
- Do you take time to speak with the people you know for feedback?
- Symptoms include concentration problems, trouble getting out of bed or falling asleep
- You might like or love your job but we can take too many responsibilities
- Create time for you: Meditation, music, sports, hobbies
- The sleeping hormone usually comes at 8pm and another 11pm, if you skip those two, it’s very difficult to go to bed because you can be very nervous
- Sleeping cycles: drowsiness, intermediate Sleep and Paradoxical Sleep, this last one is the important step when your subconscious become conscious and you dream
Book: The Right to Exist and how to deal with Trauma
- Stories about trauma that can help people
- Your unconscious is your boss
Final message: make your life a dream and make that dream a reality, but never forget that the most importan are the human beings who are by your side and make you bigger everyday.